Lovea Argan Oil Hair Care review


You may remember me telling you about discovering argan oil in Morocco this summer. The kids loved looking out for the "goat trees" - the rather athletic goats love eating the fruit from the argan trees and climb up into the branches to reach them which looks very strange ! - and Juliette even helped produce some oil in one of the traditional cooperatives just outside of Agadir. There are culinary oils and zillions of beauty products available using argan oil, from skin and hair care to lipsticks and perfumed body oils.


I'm sure these products all existed on the UK market before we went to Morocco but it's only since our trip that I've noticed them. I was therefore over the moon to get the chance to try out this duo of argan-enriched products from Lovea's haircare range from Big Green Smile.

The first product was the Lovea Moroccan Argan Oil Brilliance Shine Shampoo. It is a certified organic shampoo that targets lifeless, dull or treated hair, promising to fortify it and restore sheen and brilliance. It boasts 99.4 % natural origin and is paraben-free, so I was actually pleasantly surprised to see how well it lathers up. The shampoo has a lovely, slightly pearlescent golden-yellow colour and a delicate but pleasant fragrance. It left my hair feeling literally squeaky clean, which I always thought was a bad thing, meaning it had been stripped of its oils, but apparently happens a lot with sulfate-free shampoo.

I went on to use the Lovea Moroccan Argan Oil Brilliance Shine Conditioner which has the same properties as the matching shampoo. This comes out of the tube as a white, fairly runny cream and I could feel it smoothing and untangling my hair as I worked it through the lengths. Once my hair had dried, it felt light and clean. It did seem less frizzy than usual and it felt extra sleek when I ran my hand across it.

Argan oil is seen as the cure for all evils in Morocco, so finding an affordable product range that uses it is definitely great news in my book.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : shampoo £4.99 for 200ml, £5.49 for 250ml


Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Amie natural skincare review - Like mother, like daughter !

0 comments:

Post a Comment