Sunday weigh-in : That's more like it !


Last week, I was gutted to see my weight going the wrong way. On Sunday, I replaced my usual roast spuds with braised red cabbage and went to the park with the kids where we spent 20 minutes jumping and throwing sticks, trying to get some conkers down for our nature crafts. I jokingly said on twitter afterwards that that must have been the equivalent of a zumba session ! Well, just out of interest, I jumped on the scales on Monday morning and was stunned to see that my weight had gone back to where it was the week before. Now, I'm not silly - I know I didn't lose 600g in a few hours - but it just reinforced what I already know - weight fluctuates all the time and being a slave to the scales is not good.

This did set me up for a good week though as I was feeling confident. It was still a lovely surprise to jump on the scales and see - 81.9kg. Yay, back into the 81's ! Phew !

Positives of the week

- I made a few sensible swaps which meant I ate the same as the rest of the family but with fewer calories.

- I've been drinking lots of water.

- No time for sport but lots of walking and energetic play with the kids at the park are still better than nothing.

- By setting myself a mini target that didn't focus on the number on the scales, it was easier to keep on track and in control.

- Planning ahead saved me on Friday - taking a Slimfast meal replacement "just in case" avoided unhealthy choices and quick snacks where I could grab them

Current targets 

Last week's target was : Keep eating healthily and stay positive. Start listening to the Slimpod regularly again.Try to get in some exercise, even if it's running around in the park with the kids. (DONE !)

This week's targets : Stay in 81 point somethings and aim for a loss, however small. Keep making good food choices and reaching for water, not diet coke.

Longer-term targets : Get back to the 70-somethings. Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose" (they were on 29lb lost/28lb left to lose just before the summer so let's aim to get back there as quickly as possible.)

Lose a stone (6.35kg) by Christmas challenge : 1kg lost so far - that's already 16% of the target achieved !

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 82.7kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 81.9kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  11.8kg
STILL TO GO : 14.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.8kg 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :) 












Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


0 comments:

Post a Comment