Sarsaparilla's Retro Sweet Jar review


We're into October, the month of Halloween (not to mention my birthday !) so when this fab Retro Sweet Jar arrived for us to review, the Madhouse Mini-testers immediately said that it would be perfect for trick or treaters. I had other ideas though - this jar is a nostalgic trip down memory lane filled with all the penny sweets I used to buy with my pocket money !


Go on, have a look at the pictures and see how many you can recognise. I can see Flying Saucers, Rainbow Drops, a candy necklace, Drumstick lollies, Refreshers, foam shrimps, popping candy, a Sherbert Fountain ...


I might have squealed a little bit when I turned it round and saw the bar of Caramac ! I didn't even know they still made it so that was a real blast from the past.

With Christmas on the way, if you're organised and looking for present ideas already, this is the perfect gift for any child of the eighties. I was actually very impresed with the price too - £9.99 is quite reasonable (unless you sit down and work out how much it would have cost you back in the days of mismatched fluorescent socks, fingerless gloves and legwarmers !). If you're looking for a stocking filler, they have smaller retro sweet bags for £2.99 or you could go the other way and get a fab retro sweet hamper for either £19.99 or £29.99.

Another aspect of Sarsaparilla's, the company who sent us the jar, that I absolutely love is their US imports section. I got very excited browsing through and spotting Twinkies, root beer, Frosted Smores Pop Tarts and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, not to mention Wrigley's Extra chewing gum in mint choc chip flavour ! They also have a small selection of Australian imports too - the strawberry Freddoes and Caramel Koalas look great, as do the TimTams.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £9.99

for more information : http://www.sarsaparillas.co.uk

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

0 comments:

Post a Comment