Slimfast on the go review


Quite some time ago, I was sent a few products to try out from Slim-Fast's 3-2-1 range. If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I'm watching my weight - in fact, the lovely Jane at 7hippopotamus has challenged a whole group of us bloggers to lose a stone by Christmas ! - so I was really pleased. However, they've been sitting in the cupboard ever since. To be honest, I'd much rather eat a salad, a bowl of soup or a low calorie meal than drink a shake or eat a meal replacement bar, because psychologically, I'll feel more full up and satisfied and less likely to snack later in the day.

However, yesterday was a totally manic day. I kept thinking of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles as I did my own version - buses, trains and undergrounds - to get to a meeting about the trainee teacher that I'm looking after this year. I was let out of school early at 10.30 which just gave me to time to get to my 11.08 train on the other side of town, but by the time I arrived at my destination, I only had 20 minutes for lunch. That would have been fine but I hadn't counted on the fact that all the sandwich shops would have huge queues of students waiting to be served !

Luckily, I'd planned ahead and thrown a couple of the Slim Fast products in my bag. The bar was a Summer Berry bar, packed with crispy rice in gooey chewy fruity bar (it contains cranberries, raspberries and freeze dried strawberries) and - I was pleasantly surprised to discover - it is dipped in white chocolate. It tasted absolutely delicious and filled me up a lot more than I expected. My one criticism is that there is no mention on the packaging anywhere to tell you if this is a meal replacement bar or a snack replacement bar, which is actually a really important distinction ! As it was so big and chunky, I rightly guessed that it was a meal bar and ate it as breakfast at the bus stop on my way in to work.

The ready-to-drink shake was lovely. I had the vanilla one and was pleasantly surprised by the taste but also the texture - it wasn't at all gloopy or powdery as I feared. It did start getting a bit sickly towards the end of the bottle but I was pleased to see that it did fill me up and left me not feeling hungry until I got home at the end of the day.

If you want a quick diet-friendly solution on the go when you know you won't have time to eat a proper meal, these are ideal.

star rating : 4/5

for more information : http://www.slimfast.co.uk

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Sunday weigh-in : Can do better !

0 comments:

Post a Comment